LITERATI LUMINI AT MOUNT CARMEL SCHOOL, CHANDIGARHAugust 27, 2018
Workshop For Class EmployeesAugust 30, 2018
A warm welcome to your ward/s.
Please note the following:
- Your wards should reach School punctually i.e. by 7.40 a.m. (Summer) & by 8.10 a.m. (Winter), in proper School uniform, neat & tidy with polished shoes and smartly dressed up. The School uniform is a very important aspect of your ward’s personality and this should not be neglected. If the colour/shade of the uniform does not conform to the norms of the School it will not be accepted. Please check the Mannequins kept at the School Reception, for the right colour / shade. The School gate will close at 7.45 a.m. (Summer) & at 8.15 a.m. (Winter) and no late comer will be allowed to enter the School beyond this time. Hence you are requested to take your ward/s back home along with you and not to leave them at the School gate in case they are late. Please do not create a scene at the School gate, in such situations. Read pages 12 & 13 of the student’s diary regarding the School uniform.
- Your ward should bring the following to School daily along with the Books & Note Books as per the Class Time Table:
i) A Rough Note Book, a pencil box, an eraser, a sharpener and two sharpened pencils/pen. Please ensure that your ward/s do not bring any cutter to the School.
ii) The Student’s Diary, books (properly covered) & notebooks as per the daily time table.
- The student’s diary should be checked for H.W./Notes from Teachers etc. and signed by you everyday without fail. You should not refuse to sign your ward’s diary for reasons viz., he/she has not scored well in the Tests/Assessments OR the work is not complete etc. as in such situations the child is forced to sign the diary himself/herself to show the teacher, which is not a healthy practise and this should not be allowed to become a habit. Any notice sent by the teacher from the School should be signed and acted upon by you immediately. The Regularity Record (Absent & Late) should be checked on Pgs. 24 & 25 of the student’s diary. The Home Task Remarks/Teacher’s Remarks, if any should be checked on Pgs. 26 to 31 of the student’s diary and signed by you. The Unit Tests’ marks will be entered on pages 32 & 33 of the student’s diary and should be signed by you, regularly. This would help you in keeping abreast with your ward’s academic performance in School. Please use the pages given at the end of the student’s diary for sending notes to the teachers. Go through pages 5 to 17 of this diary and fill up the pages (38 & 39) with Statement made by Parents/Guardian, immediately.
- Please note that once the student is in School, he/she will not be allowed to leave the School, in general, till the School gets over. So you should not send your ward to School even for the Unit Test, if he/she is not well OR he/she has to accompany you somewhere during the School hours. In case of any emergency the School will inform you to take your ward.
- You must monitor your ward’s studies regularly and make sure that he/she performs well in the Unit Tests/Examinations. Regular studies are very important, as then the child does not have to struggle hard towards the time of Examinations. The result declared at the end of the session is based on the performance of your ward throughout the year, so his/her performance in every test and Examination is of utmost importance. Hence you as a parent/guardian must take care of this aspect. Whenever Test Note Books are sent home, make your ward/s do the correction work, sign the Note Books and send the same back to School, on the very next day. Any student who comes to School with incomplete / pending work may be sent home. Such students will be allowed to attend School only when their work is complete.
- No tiffin will be accepted for any student during the School hours, for security reasons.
- No student is allowed to bring Mobile Phone or any other Electronic gadget to the School. In case any student is found with any of these gadgets, it will be confiscated and returned to the parents only at the end of the session.
- No student upto class X is allowed to bring any Two Wheeler to School. Students of Classes XI & XII may bring 2 Wheelers to School, only if they have a valid driving license or a gearless 2 Wheeler. However no student is allowed to bring any 4 Wheeler to School.
- As the medium of instruction is English the children should be helped to follow their classes easily and intelligently by a certain amount of regular conversation in a cultured manner in this language, at home.
- You can log on to our School Website www.mountcarmelchd.org for the daily Home Work assigned to your ward and also for other updates.
- The School will issue warning about your ward’s Academic Performance / Work / Conduct etc. in the School, if it is not upto the expected standards. If there is still no improvement, then he / she may not be allowed to continue in the School, any further, if in the Principal’s sole discretion, his/her continued presence is detrimental to the interest of other students.
- On your ward’s birthday, he/she may come to School in casual wears. In case you are sending sweets with your child for celebration in the Class, only a packet of candies may be sent for distribution in the Class. No other sweets / cakes/pastries/chocolates/gifts are allowed.
- No School Teacher is allowed to take tuitions for the students of the classes he/she is teaching. In case you find any teacher of the School indulging in such a practice, a written complaint may be sent to the School.
- 13th April, 2018 will be a day off for the School because of the C.B.S.E. Examination in the School on this day, as our School is a Centre for Classes X & XII.
The School will close for summer vacation on May 18, 2018 at 1.50 p.m. (Classes Nursery to II) & on May 25, 2018 at 12.00 noon (Classes III to XII) and Re-open on July 02, 2018 at 7.45 a.m.
The School Office will remain closed from June 01 to 30, 2018.
With all the Best Wishes!